You can make Macaroni and Cheese in a pressure cooker. I will show you how you can make flavorful macaroni and cheese in your Instant Pot.
I love my Instant Pot, if you are unfamiliar with these, they are an incredible pressure cooker and more. It serves as a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, a steamer, it makes yogurt, and much more. I have displaced many of my small kitchen appliances with this amazing appliance. It helped me to move out a couple of steamers, a rice cooker, and a slow cooker.
You might want to wonder why would you wish to prepare macaroni and cheese in a pressure cooker. When you cook it this way, the pasta can be infused with a lot of flavors. In this recipe, the pasta is cooked with a bit of hot sauce, and some dry mustard powder. This gives the pasta a lot of flavors.
For the cheeses, I am using two different types of cheese, a good Cheddar cheese, and some Monterey Jack cheese. I like this combination. The Cheddar provides a lovely color, and flavor. The Monterey Jack cheese gives this dish a nice melt that you are certain to enjoy.
For the hot sauce, you can use whatever you like. Tobasco, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, both work well. I think this is an important ingredient for this recipe. You need a little bit of heat to make macaroni and cheese work well. The heat gives the dish some depth.
Love recipes for your Instant Pot? Check out these recipes.
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
You can make creamy macaroni and cheese in your Instant Pot.
- 1 pound pasta (note all boxes are not 1 pound, also you need to use regular pasta, gluten free, and other pasta will not work)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup of milk or half and half
- 1 pound cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Place the following in the instant pot, the pasta, water, dry mustard, and hot sauce. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. If the pasta needs to be drained, drain the pasta and place the pasta back into the pot. Perform an instant release on the pasta. Stir in butter, cheese, and milk and allow the cheese it to melt. Serve promptly.