It’s hard to beat baked pork chops and rice. This easy recipe for pork chops is cooked with rice and tomato soup to make an easy dinner! Plus this recipe is very versatile, you can use your favorite type of soup! This flavorful recipe has been one of my family’s favorite pork chop recipes since we started to make this. Even picky eaters will enjoy these delicious tender pork chops.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Pork chop casserole with rice
Oven-baked pork chops and rice are a comfort meal everyone craves. Tender juicy pork chops are packed full of flavor with onions and canned soup. This recipe makes a delicious casserole to serve to your family.
Why pork chops and rice are the perfect combination
Who doesn’t love a meal that is complete in just one dish? Cooked rice, combined with pork chops that are lightly browned, and your favorite can of soup means you will have a heaping helping of this comfort food. These easy-baked pork chops will work with bone-in chops or boneless chops.
What makes baked pork chops with rice so good?
You’ll love this recipe because it is a wonderful and easy dinner that you can put together and get a great comfort food meal. It is a great pork chop rice recipe that is just a pure delicious hearty home-cooked meal.
Since there are only a few pantry staples in this pork chop and rice casserole and it is not overly complicated to make, it’s perfect for those busy weeknights.
Why this is the baked pork chops and rice recipe you must try
If you are looking for the best pork chop recipes and rice, your search is over. From this easy dinner recipe to the final product, you truly cannot go wrong.
Plus the cream of tomato soup makes this recipe amazing. This recipe can be used for boneless or you can use it on pork chops with a bone.
The soup creates the perfect base for the pork chop casserole with rice. It cooks the rice wonderfully all the while giving it the added flavor that sets this dish apart from other pork chops and rice recipes.
Ingredients you need to make baked pork chop and rice casserole
Take a look at this comprehensive list of ingredients to make sure you have the necessities before you get started. Don’t worry there is nothing too crazy, so chances are you have everything you need.
- Uncooked rice – long-grain white rice is preferred but you can use brown rice
- Vegetable oil
- Pork chops – you can use boneless pork chops or bone-in pork chops
- Cream of tomato soup
How to make pork chops and rice
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Then in a small pan cook the rice according to the directions on the box packaging.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork chops to the skillet and cook them until they are browned on both sides of the pork.
- After the rice is done cooking, place it in the bottom of a 9×13-inch large baking dish or a large casserole dish.
- When the pork chops are golden brown, place them on top of the rice.
- Sprinkle the onion slices and salt on top.
- Now combine the water and the cream of tomato soup in a small bowl and then pour the liquid mixture over top of the pork and rice.
- Once the soup has been added, cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the dish in the oven and let it bake for 1½ hours. The internal temperature of the pork chops should be at least 145°F, you can check it with an instant-read or meat thermometer.
Since this recipe is very simple there is not much to do to change it up. However, if you want to give this dish a little different flavor profile you can always switch out the tomato soup for your favorite creamy soup. Here are some of my favorites:
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of mushroom with garlic soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cheddar cheese soup
- Creamy tomato basil soup
Also, if you are not a fan of rice or are looking for an alternative, cauliflower rice or quinoa would be great substitutes for the rice in this recipe.
Seriously, the possibilities for the recipe are endless!
What goes with pork chops and rice?
You can eat this meal as it is or you can spice it up a bit and add some sides. Here is a list of a few of my favorite sides to serve with baked pork chops and rice.
- Panda Express Super Greens
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Jiffy Creamed Corn Casserole
- Three Bean Salad
- Steamed broccoli
- Fresh green beans
How to store leftover pork chops and rice
When you are done eating and are ready to pack up the leftovers, you can either place the dish in the refrigerator covered with aluminum foil, or you can transfer it all to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
If you wish to freeze the leftovers, place all of the rice in the bottom of a freezer-safe ziplock bag and then the pork chops on top after it has cooled down completely. Then just close it up and keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to reheat
The best way to reheat this seared pork chop recipe would be in the oven at 350°F until it is heated through. Your other option would be the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds until you reach your desired temperature.
If you are reheating the frozen leftovers, pull them out 24 hours ahead of time and let them thaw in the fridge. Note the texture of the rice can be mushier after being frozen and thawed.
Do you love pork chops? Try these recipes!
Favorite dinner casserole recipes
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Hot Dog Casserole
- King Ranch Casserole
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Seafood Casserole
- Spaghetti Casserole
- Taco Casserole
Baked Pork Chops and Rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork chops
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 1/4 ounces cream of tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops and cook until browned on both sides.
- Place the cooked rice in the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Place the browned pork chops over the rice.
- Scatter the onion slices on top of the pork chops and sprinkle with salt.
- Combine the soup and water and pour the mixture over the pork chops.
- Cover and bake for 1½ hours.