Captain Ds Cole Slaw is a favorite of mine. Whenever people talk about their guilty pleasures, this would be one of mine. Their creamy sweet and savory coleslaw is simple to make, and it tastes wonderful.
The summer begs for picnics and cool and refreshing salads. Are you looking for an easy coleslaw recipe? This is the one to make. This Captain Ds Cole Slaw recipe is made simply with chopped cabbage, chopped carrots, and a tangy, slightly sweet sauce that is drizzled over these freshly chopped vegetables. It is hard to resist.
I am a huge fan of Captain Ds. This is one of the few chain fish and chip places around. I love fried fish when done in this style. While you shouldn’t enjoy it too often, it can be a nice treat.
Whenever I go to Captain D’s, the cole slaw is what I go for first. This is a creamy coleslaw, and I personally love the note of celery seed in this recipe. It adds something that most coleslaw does not have.
I love this side dish, it is an inexpensive recipe to make. So this recipe is perfect for when you have a large crowd to serve. Homemade coleslaw tastes so much than any store-bought version.
Yes, you can buy a large tub of coleslaw in the store, but I often find the crunch of the cabbage gone, since this isn’t difficult to make, you should give this cabbage salad a try in your own home.
Here’s what you need to make Captain Ds cole slaw at home:
- White onion
- Celery seed or celery salt
- Salt (omit if using celery salt)
How to Make Captain Ds Cole Slaw
Chop cabbage, carrot, and onion.
Place chopped vegetables in a bowl.
Place mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and salt in a small bowl.
Stir until dressing ingredients are combined.
Add dressing to the bowl with chopped vegetables.
Stir to combine vegetables with the dressing.
Refrigerate cole slaw for at least two hours before serving.
Love Captian D’s? Check out these Copycat Recipes
Top Fast Food Copycat Recipes
- Popeye’s Cajun Rice
- How to Make Cheese Curds like Culvers
- Wingstop Restaurants Regular Wings, Lemon Pepper
- Panera Menu Salads – Green Goddess
- Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Taco
- Taco Bell Crispito
- Krispy Kreme Donut Recipe
- Arby’s Salads – Grilled Chicken and Pecan
- BK Sauces – Zesty
- Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- Auntie Anne’s Recipe for Original Pretzels
Captain Ds Cole Slaw
- 2 pounds cabbage chopped fine
- 1/4 pound carrots chopped
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped fine
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt and omit celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Chop cabbage, celery, and onions and place into a large bowl. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, distilled vinegar, sugar, salt, and celery seed. Whisk dressing together and drizzle over the chopped vegetables. St
- Stir to combine dressing and vegetables until the cabbage is well coated. This recipe is best when allowed to rest in a covered dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. You can use either celery salt, or salt and celery seed. I personally like the flavor of the salt and celery seed, because the flavor is slightly more rich this way.