Houston’s Spinach Artichoke Dip is a more complex spinach dip than most that you may have tried. This appetizer has become my go-to dish for large parties and gatherings.
This recipe has multiple kinds of cheese and a hint of garlic to make this artichoke spinach dip extra tasty. We hope you enjoy this version. Houston’s Spinach Artichoke Dip has to be one of my favorite dips. It is full of flavor and this is one of the most popular recipes at CopyKat.com.
Making Houston’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip from Scratch
I have to confess I think that I love most anything that Houston’s restaurant offers. Houston’s is an upscale American dining experience. I have never been disappointed with anything on their menu. While I love to dine there, it can be more expensive than many other restaurants that are out there.
Artichoke Spinach Dip Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make spinach artichoke dip:
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Frozen chopped spinach
- Romano cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Heavy cream or half and half
- Sour cream
How to make Houston’s Spinach Dip Recipe
- In a food processor, blend artichokes, Romano cheese, garlic, and Parmesan cheese until minced but not into a paste.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the drained spinach, cream, sour cream, and mozzarella.
- Add artichoke mixture to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Coat an oven-proof shallow serving dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour artichoke mixture into the dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees, until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Remove dish from the oven and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions for Spinach Artichoke Dip
Houston’s artichoke spinach dip is served piping hot at the table, I know you will love this treat. You are going to love this flavor combination. Be sure to serve this dip with plenty of corn tortilla chips, crackers, or pita chips.
Do you love artichokes? Try these recipes
- Rice and Artichoke Salad
- Olive Garden Artichoke Dip
- Easy Artichoke Dip
- Cream of Artichoke Soup
- Pasta with Artichokes and Capers
Hot Party Dip Recipes
More Houston’s Copycat Recipes
- Cheese Soup
- Houston’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Buttermilk Dressing
- Houston’s Honey Mustard
- Houston’s Coleslaw Recipe
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe (Houston’s Restaurant Copycat)
- 6.25 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 10 ounces spinach frozen, chopped, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In food processor blend artichokes, Romano cheese, garlic and Parmesan cheese for about 1 – 1 1/2 minutes.
- Artichokes and cheeses should be minced, but should not be pasty.
In a mixing bowl add drained spinach, cream, sour cream, mozzarella, stir well. Spoon into mixing bowl mixture from food processor.
- Blend all ingredients. Mixture should have a medium thick consistency. Spray an oven proof shallow serving dish. Pour artichoke mixture into baking dish and bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Artichoke dip should be a little bubbly and cheese melted through. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite heated tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa and enjoy.