Houston’s Artichoke Spinach Dip is a more complex spinach dip than most that you may have tried. This appetizer has become my go to dish for large parties, and gatherings. This recipe has multiple kinds of cheese and a hint of garlic to make this artichoke spinach dip extra tasty. We hope you enjoy this version. Houston’s Artichoke Spinach Dip has to be one of my favorite artichoke spinach dips, it is full of flavor, and this is one of the most popular recipes at CopyKat.com.
Making Houston’s Artichoke Spinach Dip from Scratch
I have to confess I think that I love most anything that Houston’s offers. Houston’s is an upscale American dining experience. I have never been disappointed with anything on their menu. While I love to dine there, it can be more expensive than many other restaurants that are out there.
This spinach dip is served piping hot at the table, I know you will love this treat. It is made with frozen spinach, artichokes, and several different types of cheese. You are going to love this flavor combination. Be sure to serve this dip with plenty of corn tortilla chips.
Love Artichokes? Be sure to try these clever artichoke inspired recipes
Houston’s Artichoke Spinach Dip
- 6.25 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 10 ounces spinach frozen, chopped, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In food processor blend artichokes, Romano cheese, garlic and Parmesan cheese for about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. Artichokes and cheeses should be minced, but should not be pasty. In a mixing bowl add drained spinach, cream, sour cream, mozzarella, stir well. Spoon into mixing bowl mixture from food processor. Blend all ingredients. Mixture should have a medium thick consistency. Spray an oven proof shallow serving dish. Pour artichoke mixture into baking dish and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Artichoke dip should be a little bubbly and cheese melted through. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite heated tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa and enjoy.