Nothing tastes as good as a good a 21 club hamburger, this recipe is especially good with the added chicken broth, celery and additional spices. These will please everyone.
21 Club Hamburger
Make a legendary hamburger like the 21 Club.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds ground top sirloin
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine celery and chicken broth in a small saucepan over very low heat; poach the celery for 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Combine celery with remaining ingredients except the butter, mixing well with your hands. Gently shape into 4 large patties, being careful not to compact the meat any more than necessary. Heat the butter in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat until the butter is amber in color. Brown the burgers 6 minutes on each side, then place the skillet in a preheated 350F oven for 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, a few additional minutes for better done.