This is a very very rich pie. The cooking time while low maintanence has you carmelizing sweetened condensed milk,
O’Charlie’s Caramel Pie
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 10 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 ounces chopped pecans
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
- Peel paper from cans of Eagle Brand Milk. Place cans on their sides in a large pot and cover completely in cold water. Slowly bring the pot to rolling boil and boil for 3 hours making sure to turn cans every 30 minutes or so.
- At the end of 3 hours allow cans to cool for 1 hour (at least - this part is VERY important).
- Open cans of Milk and spread into pie pan. Cover with Cool Whip. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips all over the top. Refrigerate for 8 hours DELICIOUS. This can be dangerous so be sure you never leave cans boiling on the stove without checking them.