Soup Kitchen is located in New York City. This came out of a cookbook called New York Cookbook by Molly O’Neal.
Soup Nazi Seafood Bisque
Love seafood soup recipes? Check out these seafood soup recipes
Al the Soup Nazi's Seafood Bisque
Al the Soup Nazi's Seafood Bisque can be made with this recipe.
- 2 cups dry White Wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 pounds lobster
- 12 shrimp in the shell
- 24 mussels well scrubbed
- 12 sea scallops
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1 cup fresh Spinach well rinsed and washed
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine white wine, bay leaf, onion, garlic, and celery in a noncreative large stockpot over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add the lobster; cover the pot, and steak for 10 minutes. Remove the lobster. Add the Shrimp, cover the pot, and steam for 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp with tongs. Add the mussels, cover the pot, and steam until they open, about 5 minutes. Remove the mussels with tongs, extract the meat and discard the shells. Discard any (mussels sic) that do not open. Add 2 cups water to the liquid in the pot, bring to a boil and then add the scallops. Cover the pot and steam for 3 minutes. Remove the scallops with the tongs. Extract the lobster meat, reserving the shells. Peel and devein the shrimp, reserving the shells. Chop the meat into bite-size pieces, cover and set aside. Return the seafood shells to the pot of broth and add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the broth, and return it to the pan. Bring the broth to a simmer over low heat. Add the cream, milk, thyme, parsley, and rosemary and simmer until the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the lobster, shrimp, mussels, and scallops, and simmer for about 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach, carrots, and simmer for another 2 minutes to just wilt the spinach. Season with salt, pepper, and stir in the lemon juice. Serves 6.