If you like your Macaroni and Cheese, don’t miss this one! Luby’s Macaroni and Cheese is so much better than the stuff that comes in the blue box.
Luby’s Macaroni and Cheese is one of their dishes that is always on their menu. But if you can’t go to Luby’s, you can still make Luby’s Macaroni and Cheese just like they do.
Make Luby’s Macaroni and Cheese at home
Love Macaroni and Cheese? Try these Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Luby’s Cafeteria Macaroni and Cheese
Luby’s Cafeteria Macaroni and Cheese can be made at home.
- 16 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 3 cups shredded American cheese divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix dry milk, flour and butter. Gradually add boiling water, beating constantly. Add 1 cup of cheese and continue beating until smooth and creamy. Stir in macaroni, one more cup of cheese and salt. Transfer to lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese. Continue baking 1 minute, or until cheese melts.
Last Updated on