La Madeleine’s Country Potato Soup is a wonderfully creamy and rich potato soup. This recipe is from Executive Chef Remy Schaal of la Madeleine French Bakery and Cafe. Founded in Dallas in 1983, la Madeleine has many neighborhood cafes and bakeries in five states and Washington, D.C. Excellent potato soup!
La Madeleine’s Country Potato Soup
Links of Interest
la Madeleine’s Country Potato Soup
Make a hearty bowl of la Madeleine's Country Potato Soup today.
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups leeks thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 quart chicken stock
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and , sliced evenly in 1/4 inch slides
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and diced
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, add butter, leeks and onions, and cook. (Do not brown vegetables.) Add chicken stock, potatoes, salt and fresh thyme. Cook for 40 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid scorching. Add cream, bring to a boil and serve hot. Garnish with Cheddar cheese and diced bacon.
Last Updated on