McDonalds Tartar Sauce is served on their Fish Filet sandwich, but there is no need to ask for extra when you can make it at home.
There is no need to ask for extra packages of tartar sauce. You can enjoy this simple to prepare tartar sauce at home. This recipe is so easy to make from scratch you will be amazed you ever asked for more when you went to eat at McDonald’s. Don’t worry; you too can unlock this secret recipe.
I don’t know why, but tartar sauce is quite honestly, incredible. It has the perfect amount of tartness, and it is creamy and makes so many things taste better when you pair it with your favorite dishes. Years ago when I was in college, I was a short-order cook at a hole-in-the-wall place. Burgers with tartar sauce were one of my favorite meals to make.
Table of Contents
The perfect sauce for a fish sandwich!
This is perfect for ! You may want to your own homemade at home. All you need is a , a hamburger , a slice of , and you can all of the you want.
McDonalds Tartar Sauce is easy to make at home
This copycat recipe for McDonalds Tartar sauce is super easy to make. You only need mayonnaise, a bit of sugar, some dill pickle relish, and some chopped white onion.
This tartar sauce tastes perfect on your favorite fish fillets. McDonald’s tartar sauce is the best tartar to make with ingredients you have in your refrigerator. Sure other tartar sauce may be more complicated, you could add some lemon juice and some capers, but this one is perfect just like this.
Be sure to Pin this recipe to save it for later!
Ideally, when you make this recipe, you should allow it to rest for a bit after you make it, and before you use it. The tartar sauce will stay good in your fridge for several days, so it’s ok to make a little extra.
Ingredients for McDonald’s Tartar Sauce
To make this recipe you will need:
- Mayonnaise – I prefer either Dukes or Hellman’s. Both have a sharp flavor that is perfect for this recipe.
- Sugar – this adds the perfect amount of sweetness
- White onion – diced onion is exactly what you want in here. Yellow onion is too hot, so grab a white onion for this recipe.
- Dill pickle relish – is perfect to bring out the flavor of your fish
Do you like McDonald’s recipes? Be sure to check out these copycat recipes
- McDonald’s Homestyle Hamburger
- McDonald’s Nugget Sauces – Hot Mustard
- What’s in Big Mac Sauce
- McSkillet Burrito Recipe
- Sweet Iced Tea
- More McDonalds Recipes
Great Sandwich and Dipping Sauce Recipes
- Chick-Fil-A Sauces – Honey Mustard
- Arbys Sauces – Classic Arby’s Sauce
- Dominos Garlic Sauce
- Best Sauce for Onion Rings
- Sub Oil Recipe
- Chicken George Restaurant Recipe – Jan Sauce
- Joe’s Crab Shack Copycat Recipes – Coconut Shrimp Dipping Sauce
McDonalds Tartar Sauce - Copycat Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 3 teaspoons white onion finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.