Everything that makes a Rueben sandwich special is in this casserole. This casserole reheats well.
- 16 ounces sauerkraut
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 8 ounces corned beef sliced
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can biscuits
- 2 crisp rye crackers crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread the sauerkraut in an even layer in the bottom of an 8x12-inch baking dish.
- Distribute the tomato slices evenly over the sauerkraut.
- Dot the dressing over the tomatoes, and cover with corned beef slices.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then remove the dish from the oven.
- Open the can of biscuits. Separate the dough into individual biscuits. Then divide each biscuit into 3 pieces.
- Place the biscuit pieces on top of the casserole so that they overlap slightly.
- Sprinkle the crushed crackers and caraway seeds on top.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden, about 12 to 17 minutes.