Everything that makes a Rueben sandwich special is in this casserole. This casserole reheats well.
- 16 ounces sauerkraut
- 2 medium sliced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing
- 8 ounces sliced corned beef
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can biscuits
- 2 crisp crushed rye crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Spread sauerkraut in bottom of 12 X 8-inch baking dish. Top with tomato, dot dressing over tomatoes. Cover with Corned Beef, sprinkle cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Open biscuits separate into 6 then separate each into 3 layers; slightly overlap layers on casseroles to from 2 or 3 layers. Sprinkle with crackers and caraway seeds. Bake until biscuits are golden, about 12 - 17 minutes.