Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread to enjoy with a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread is one of my life’s little pleasures. Freshly baked Starbucks banana bread is hard to beat. Starbucks Banana walnut bread isn’t difficult to make. You can make banana walnut bread that will taste just like Starbucks.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Starbucks Food Menu
This coffeehouse is everyone’s favorite coffee shop and there’s one or more in every neighborhood. If you want a tasty something to go with your grande cappuccino, Starbucks offers some delicious bread and cakes.
The menu has classic coffee cake, cinnamon swirl coffee cake, pumpkin bread, caramelized apple pound cake, iced lemon pound cake, double chocolate chunk brownie, and my favorite banana walnut bread.
A Delicious Banana Nut Treat
Starbucks banana walnut bread is one of my life’s little pleasures. Combine this delicious, moist bread with a perfect Starbucks venti caffè latte to make a bigger pleasure. Freshly baked banana walnut bread is hard to beat, and you can enjoy it freshly baked any time if you make it at home. It’s not difficult to make, and it will taste just like Starbucks. In fact, it will be even fresher because you can enjoy this banana walnut bread while it’s still warm out of the oven.
Best Flour for Banana Bread
By using bread flour if you have it on hand, as it gives the bread a more dense, chewier texture. If you don’t have bread flour in your cupboard, you can use all-purpose flour, and the banana walnut bread will still turn out just fine.
About the Bananas
Improve on Starbucks banana walnut bread by using bananas that are overripe as the overripeness definitely enhances the flavor. It’s a very good way to use up those bananas that have been lying around because you’ve forgotten all about them.
They look unappealing in their brown spotted skin, but they’re perfect for making banana bread. If you don’t have overripe bananas, you can use regular ones, but they won’t make the bread taste quite as good.
Enjoy Starbucks? Be sure to try these other great copycat recipes
- Flat White
- Caramel Macchiato
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- DIY Starbucks Frappuccinos – Caramel
- Starbucks Hot Chocolate Recipe – Snickerdoodle
- Cafe Mocha Recipe
- Egg Bites
- Starbucks Breakfast Sandwiches
- Starbucks Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap
- Starbucks Petite Vanilla Scones
More Quick Bread Recipes
Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour bread flour is recommended
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas this is usually 2 or 3 bananas
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts divided use
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt), stir together to combine. In another medium-size bowl combine margarine and sugar, with a mixer cream the margarine, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in mashed bananas, eggs, milk and mix well.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix until the flour is just mixed in, then add in the remaining flour and 1/2 cup walnuts, blend together until everything is mixed together.
- Do not over stir. Pour batter into a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan. Then top the batter with the remaining chopped walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. While Starbucks does not make their banana bread with butter, I think this comes out richer this way. I also like to add in a sprinkle or two of cinnamon and sugar into this, again, not in their recipe, it does add that little something extra.