I make this when we have a lot of friends over. It makes a lot and there’s never any leftovers! This is a hearty Taco Salad that everyone will enjoy.
Thanks to JTill0915 for this salad recipe.
This Mexican makes a whole meal.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 14 ounces red kidney beans drained
- 16 ounces Pace Picante Salsa
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 small package nacho chips, broken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Catalina salad dressing
- Brown onion and ground beef and drain. Add kidney beans and set aside to cool. In a separate bowl, mix salsa and mayonnaise, salt and pepper and set aside. Place chopped lettuce in a large bowl.
Add chopped tomatoes, cheese and beef mixture. Top with chips. Pour salsa mixture over top and mix well. After serving place small amount of Catalina Dressing on top and mix well. I usually make my dressing while the onion and beef are cooking and set it aside. I do not add the Catalina Dressing to my other dressing as not everyone likes it. Also, do not add the chips until ready to serve.